11.11.2012

Forever Changes



Michael Brennand-Wood Exhibition


I went to the Michael Brennand-Wood exhibition at Ruthin Craft Centre in Wales recently. The exhibition documents his work over the last 40 years. It exhibits his unseen work, new work and his most important pieces.

When entering the exhibition, the main thing I noticed was the large areas of bright colours. The walls were filled with giant blocks of colour and shapes. The piece 'I know you know and I wish you'd tell' (above image) was really captivating, from a distance the contrast of white to pattern across the wall caught my eye. Once looking up close the work completely changed, the pattern is actually carved wood and the colour is dyed fabric stuffed into the gaps. It creates a detailed, textured surface up close yet from afar looks like a painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment