2.09.2014

Final Prints 2 & 3


I have been self evaluating my prints, which sections work the best and which areas need improvement.  This is a crucial part of my work as I want my final prints to be as refined as possible, especially in scaling and pattern positioning. The original drawings that are used in repeat have been drawn square and the width of standard wallpaper, so when it comes to printing they will fit perfectly onto the roll. 

As I put my prints into repeat, I have been working out how to make patterns run through the print as it is repeated. The top print I have added a subtle zig zag through the design, this has allowed a stripe to form as the the print extends. In my previous print I found that the darker areas were the most successful when applied into a room setting, therefore I have been adding thicker and harsher lines into these designs to explore this idea. I really focussed on adding larger dark areas on the bottom print, the shapes that I created were designed to create a diagonal stripe along the wall once the wallpaper was installed. This print works well in repeat as the different shapes break up the half drop pattern, it has a sense of different layers and has a depth that the other two prints do not have. I have found that my prints work best in a half drop design, as the repeat creates a horizontal stripe when repeated across. 







No comments:

Post a Comment