5.17.2014

Branding


This project has made me think about where I want to end up as a print designer, where my work will be sold, places where I could work and how I want to be received by people. Thinking towards my degree show and my future I wanted to have something to confirm myself as a designer and not just another post graduate. To do this I have collaborated with my graphic design friend William Cotterill to create a brand that represents me. The first step was to create a logo, or a type face for my name. Once this was made we had many meetings on deciding on what I wish to have at the degree show. 

I wanted a business card that showcases my prints simply but is clear on my information. To make the cards memorable we have made them square shaped, with four differing backs, to add an extra edge compared with other people's cards. I am very happy with how these have turned out, and they are currently at a print house in Altrincham being made ready for degree show.

To go along side this I wanted a hand out that people could take away, something that would be looked at more then once and hopefully will get me recognised. The hand out we have created works well with my style of print and pattern work. It is a fairly simple design yet it showcases three of my designs. Two are partial prints but the other folds out to a larger, full print that will hopefully catch people's attention. 


No comments:

Post a Comment