5.10.2014

External Projects


In this unit I have not subjected my prints to being solely for the final hand in, I have put myself forward to other opportunities. As I have envisioned my prints to be on a large scale, the vertical gallery pitch was ideal for the work to be shown in its intended scale. For this pitch I presented five different prints that I felt would fit in well with the space, with there being low lighting in this area the brightness of the print would lightened up the area and be a focal point for the space.  Unfortunately I did not receive the commission, however it was a very important learning experience for my practice. It allowed me to communicate with printing companies and learn how much my work would cost outside of university. 


Whilst researching where my prints would fit and how they could be used, I was approached by Ford Beaumont to allow them to use my prints in their virtual gallery. I was very interested in how they would use my prints, as I was told they were not going to be used in a conventional way. The outcome was better then I could have envisioned. My work was used on a rang of three dimensional objects, with floating blocks and spheres. The opening night of this exhibition was very exciting and enjoyable to see my prints used in another area of art.  










No comments:

Post a Comment