1.17.2014

Large Scale Drawing

The design brief for Humpties brought up a few flaws in my designs, they were not strong enough or large enough to be used on a bigger scale. As I intend on having my prints as wall paper or wall panels it is crucial that they can be applied to large surfaces. This has been a bit of a step back, as I have needed to go back and re-do most of my drawing. It has however allowed me to really refine my patterns and the shapes I am creating. Whilst drawing these new, larger images I focussed a lot on line qualities. This included the thickness of lines, variation in pens used, line relationships to each other, broken lines, angles of shapes and composition. These drawings were very time consuming, however they have left me with a stronger starting point to create prints. 


No comments:

Post a Comment