2.16.2014

Colour


I have completed the drawing work for my final prints and they are ready to be in colour ways, however I do not have a set of colours for this project. Finding colour is something I struggle with, so I researched colour trends for interiors for Spring/Summer 2014. The Trend Bible provided a full set of colours that I found appealing and would be transferable onto my prints. The earthy tones and shades will work as a good contrast to the structured drawing. 















The colour relationships when applied to my prints completely change the outcome of each one. The print can move from soft and delicate to strong and masculin with one colour change. The terracotta tones work the most successfully, they provide a warmth that would work well within a home environment. The darker prints would work best in office space or in a form of lobby, the darker they get the more menacing the print feels. As a collection I have really enjoyed using this colour pallet, experimenting with combinations to create work that can stand alone in a variety of interior spaces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment